Monday, March 06, 2006

Erections....

Thought that would get your attention!

Yesterday I lent a hand to Alan and his dad as they are (erecting) building a new steel building on his dad's site. I was up and down the ladder quite a bit, moving steel around, handing out tools and nuts and bolts. Most of the framework is up. Both of us are pretty sunburnt!

Here are a few pics:





We came home pretty tired. I was taking a shower when I was just overwhelmed with emotion. I know my anxiety is magnified when I am tired, but I just wasn't expecting that. I guess I should though...driving to the apartment after work or after being gone all day starts the anxiety kicking in to high gear. I know I won't feel 100% safe and relaxed until I am out of that apartment.

I am beginnig to think I may have to seek medical help for this anxiety. I know we have to stay here for at least 6 - 8 weeks, and I am trying to find the best way I can to cope. I don't want to take drugs, but it may come to that.

1 comment:

GW said...

Have you contacted the Red Cross? Maybe someone there can help you talk it through and come up with some ways to cope with the fear and this upheaval. It's a lot for anyone to deal with, you know? Why don't you give them a call, Jen?

As for the subject, yeah it got my attention. LOL! And I cannot imagine constructing something like that. Wow.