Friday, March 03, 2006

Improving...

Last night I was able to sleep from 10:30 pm to 6 am...with the help of some Benadryl. If I can get my mind occupied enough, falling asleep is easier.

It's really strange--I still don't have much of an appetite, especially when I go home at night. I've dropped about 5 lbs since Tuesday, which isnt bad...not the best way to lose, though. When I DO eat, it hasn't been good things--regular Coke, a whopper jr and onion rings. Not great choices...

I was able to see my neighbor yesterday. She had been able to get into her apartment and retrieve some of the things that didn't get damaged in the fire. (It's AMAZING that anything survived it!!) She's temporarily staying close by. Her fiance is still in the hospital, in a drug-induced coma. The part that really sucks: his family hates her, and since they are not married, she has no legal right to get to see him, and his family is forbidding her to even come to the hospital at all. So any of her information regarding him she's received from a friend of theirs. It would be horrible to be in that situation. In spite of all that, she was very upbeat and smiling. She gave me a great big hug and thanked me for sticking by her while she was being interrogated by numerous agencies. I thanked HER for letting me help her. It gave me someone else to focus on besides myself.

This weekend will be spent doing lots of laundry and packing things up for the move. If I can do things that will move me FORWARD, I think I can get this whole ordeal behind me. I need to establish a new "normal", if that makes any sense.

1 comment:

B said...

A "new normal", yeah that makes perfect sense. Oh wow, your poor neighbor, I can't even imagine what she must be going through! Ug, why do some families have to suck so bad?!

Just keep moving forward honey, you're on the right path. Remember, what's happened is already behind you, now you're just working on getting more distance between you.

Take care and stay occupied, everything is gonna turn out just fine.

Beverly