Friday, March 10, 2006

Our friends, Ken and Linda, are moving to our town within the next six weeks. They have offered to let us stay with them in their new home for a bit while we get our house building underway. We are thankful to them for opening their home to us.

Now that I have a better idea of when we are leaving our apartment, I can make some other plans. This weekend I plan to do lots of packing of non-essential items in plastic tubs to be stored in the barn at his parent’s home. I’ll also be doing some sorting and pitching of things that I don’t need or don’t want and giving them to Goodwill. It’s amazing the stuff you can accumulate in a tiny one bedroom apartment over the course of 18 months.

Also during the course of the weekend, I’ll be doing lots of laundry and catching up on the shows I’ve been recording for the last few weeks. There hasn’t been much time to watch recorded stuff, especially with American Idol on three times a week! Next week it will start only being twice—songs on Tuesday, results on Wednesday.

Diet wise, I have totally gone off the deep end! I’ve stopped by Burger King almost every morning this week for a chicken biscuit, hash rounds and an order of cini-minis with extra icing. That’s about 1200 calories right there! Lunches haven't been much better. Not to mention the great dinners Linda has been cooking at our apartment while she stays with us. Plus I’ve been drinking full sugar pop instead of water.

I’ve been thinking about what has worked for me the most in recent years. I lost 70 lbs between November 2003 and May 2004 using Medifast and going to Curves three times a week. I really don’t want to go back on Medifast (it costs too much!), but I did like fact that the plan was easy—using shakes and meal bars. I’m thinking of adapting a plan like that using stuff you can find over the counter. I’m going to do some research online of the protein shakes that are out there and see which one is the best.

Medifast has a modified plan for people that don’t want to be on the full fast plan. They call it the 5 and 1 plan, where it’s 5 shakes/meal bars a day plus one “lean and green meal” consisting of green veggies (like a salad) and 4 ounces of lean meat. They also use things that are very low calorie to help keep full, like SF Jello and broth. I did very well on the plan. It wasn’t until I started having personal problems that I fell off the plan.

I dunno why I want to go back to this type of plan…maybe because it was easy to follow, maybe because of the results I got. I just know that I NEED to start getting this weight off. Sound desperate? Maybe because I am.

No comments: