Thursday, March 30, 2006

Lightbulb Moment!!

This was a post on www.liquiddietdiscussion.com :

I read something interesting the other day in one of the several Fitness magazines I've buried myself in since starting this "lifestyle." It said to think of food as fuel. I've heard this many times before but never with the analogy that followed. It said when you put gas in your vehicle you stop when the tank is full. You don't keep pumping gas because more gas is available so why would you contunue eating because more food was available?

Man, this makes so much sense! Why keep stuffing your "tank" when you are on FULL?

2 comments:

GW said...

I never thought about it that way. You could add the analogy that regular and high-octane could be likened to junk food vs. healthy food. You might be able to survive on junk food, but you'll be running much more smoothly on high octane fuel.

B said...

Oooh, that's good, and I really like what Kimberley added, regular vs. high-octane. Awesome way to think about it. It's still a tough one though, that pesky head stuff always seems to get in the way of even the best analogies, y'know?

Beverly