Friday, February 17, 2006

Why did I do it?

Well, at 10:47 am I have consumed over 700 calories, mainly because I decided to have a 3 Musketeers bar (okay, two). I ate them on the way back from the doctor's office. I bought it when I went to get a car magazine to send to Jamie at boot camp. I am trying to figure out why I bought them and ate them in the first place. I wasn't hungry, angry, lonely or tired. I wasn't bored or stressed either. I guess I bought it to treat myself for getting through the doctor's visit. (It really wasn't that stressful--just a Pap smear.) BTW, my weight on the doctor's scale was 327.

Just trying to figure this out....

2 comments:

B said...

You know, I don't think there always needs to be a reason. Sometimes we do it just cause it's there and we can. Don't overanalyze sweetie, just strive to make better choices next time. What else can you do, y'know?

Beverly

GW said...

You figure out why you do it, then let me know why I do? I think Bev's right about "cause it's there and we can". Sometimes it's a defiant thing. It's just so crazy, because who are we really defying in the end? And where does it get us? I think I need to concentrate on the why's and feelings behind of binges as much as I put effort into the calorie counting.

All that to say this: I understand!