Monday, April 17, 2006

False starts

Seems like that's all I've done the last month. The latest excuse--my birthday was this past Saturday. So of course, in true addict fashion, I decided that "Hey, it's MY birthday, and I don't want to be on no dang diet!" So Friday night it was apple martinis and cheeseburgers, Saturday it was a BBQ with more alcohol and lots of junk food. And of course, there was the better part of a triple chocolate birthday cake in there as well. The result: a five pound gain.

So WHY do I think that just because it's the anniversary of my birth, that all bets are off as far as my eating goes? Why am I having problems keeping my commitment to MYSELF? I have no problem keeping my word to others....why do I choose to value myself less than anyone??

So NOW.....what will I do about it?

1. Stick to the plan
2. Stick to the plan
3. Stick to the plan

The plan:
--following the New Lifestyle program to the letter
--drinking a minimum of 64 oz of water
--moving my body daily in some form or another

I am checking out the Slim and Tone club down the street from the office here. I want to see if it will be worth my $44 a month. From the looks of it, it will be.

www.slimandtonepalmbay.com

See what you think.....

No comments: