Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Tried a new fitness club today...

There is a chain of fitness clubs called Slim and Tone. At first glance I thought "this is just like Curves". But once I went in there and did a workout, I thought "this is Curves on steroids!"

While Curves only has a walking/jogging board in between their machines, S&T has fun things, like steps, a thing for kickboxing, hand weights, that half a ball thingy on the floor (don't know what it's called), stability balls, stretch bands, etc. The club I went to also has an elliptical, a treadmill and a Gazelle. There are also other fun things there too, like stability balls, hoola hoops, boxing gloves, ab machines and other stuff. I definitely felt like I got a good workout.

I went during the lunch hour and believe it or not, I virtually had the whole place to myself. I had the instructor's attention one on one.

The cost to join is normally $74, but they are running a half off special. Monthly fees are $34 a month if you sign a year contract, or $44 for a month to month commitment.

The owners are a mother/daughter team. Both are very nice and helpful. I especially like the fact that the club has hours I can work around, including Saturday and Sunday mornings.

I have a week's free trial. I'm going to go as much as I can before I put my money down.

Google "Slim and Tone" for a link to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Put who's money down?.....I thought a not so secret admirer was paying..LOL