Thursday, April 13, 2006

Note to self....

DO NOT GO TO A BUFFET WHEN YOU ARE DIETING!!

Monday night Alan, Lin and I went to a buffet, kind of like a Golden Corral except locally owned. I started out well, only eating things on plan. But then I started getting a taste of this and a dab of that. Before long, I had five different desserts on my plate! I have zero self control when it comes to places like that. And have you noticed the enormous amount of obese people at buffets? I never really noticed it before. (I guess it's because I have always been one of them.

There IS a victory to report, however....last night with Ken and Linda suggested a Chinese buffet. Alan helped me stay on plan by suggesting a different place, since I have trouble with buffets. They were both very understanding (as they always are!), and we decided to go to Applebees instead, where I had a 6 oz steak and broiled shrimp with steamed veggies. It felt SO GOOD to be in control!!

No comments: