Friday, December 23, 2005

Thinking about goals for the New Year...

I've got several thoughts running around in my head. I want to put them in writing to think them through. (NOTE: These are NOT my official goals yet--will post my official goals next week.)

1. The weight thing (DUH!). I would like to lose a minimum of 60 lbs this year--an average of a little over a pound a week. That seems doable....

2. Exercise. I want to make it as much of a daily habit as brushing my teeth or taking a shower. However, I don't want to burn out early by doing too much too fast.

3. Finances. Now that I am debt free, I want to be more proactive in saving money. I want to look at my income and expenses and determine how much can go into savings each week.

That's about it so far.....I'll write more when I think about it...

3 comments:

B said...

Sounds good to me, and very doable. Give it a little more thought and some fine tuning, and I think you've got yourself some very acceptable goals for the new year. Good luck!!

Beverly

Anonymous said...

Thank you for leaving the addy for sparkpeople in one of your entries below! What an incredible site! I'm anxious to "mess" with all of their resources! However, it will never replace the support that I get from my friends at 3FC! :) Keep your head in the game! I know that you can make your goals a reality! :) I'm heading off to put in my new Jillian workout cd. Wish me luck! :)

Jeanette B said...

You're right--there's no support like the support at 3FC! With SparkPeople, I am more interested in the other tools besided the boards. 3FC gives me the support I need in that way.

PS Mermaid--good luck with your Jillian DVD!